Hello! I won’t blame my few readers if you’ve completely forgotten me. It’s been awhile!
I can’t promise you regular updates, but I can promise I will try to post more frequently. I have about a million photos from years of archives that I will hopefully be able to share.
What have I been up too? Well, life happened and I needed to shift my focus elsewhere for a bit. I’ve been working full time for several years and have been shooting on the side (obviously not posting). My niece was diagnosed with a rare, incurable autoimmune disease called Juvenile Dermatomyosytis about 1.5 years ago which was devastating news to my family. It will be a lifetime of unknowns and monitoring, but her levels are normally in the normal ranges and we’re praying she stays that way. And like a fairy tale, I met the man of my dreams while photographing my friends destination wedding at Dreams Las Cabos, which was featured on Style Me Pretty! Kid you not, me = photographer + him = groomsmen…who would have ever thought! And most recently, I also moved from NorCal back to SoCal. That’s my life in a nutshell!
What’s a post without a photo or two?! A NorCal vs SoCal sunset for you all.
iPhone 5 | Edited with VSCOcam | Preset – F1
A few weeks ago my friend Irene introduced me to a city I had passed by for years as I drove to Half Moon Bay to hang out at the beach or go fishing. I feel like I missed out all these years!
We went to check out the driftwood at the beach, tried to get some artichoke soup (which apparently Pescadro is famous for, but there actually is an artichoke shortage in CA right now!), stopped by a thrift store, farmers market, and ended the day by visiting the goat farm. Yes, a goat farm!
I used this opportunity to test out my new lens! All photos taken with a Nikon D3s + 35mm f/1.4
And I leave you with a huge stalk of brussels sprouts I bought at the farmers market!
A few of my current obsessions:
1. Fitbit One Wireless Activity Tracker /// I’ve had this for over a month and only have 4 friends on it, but oddly it motivates me. It’s basically a glorified pedometer and it tracks how many “stories” you climb. Every 10 feet of elevation equals 1 story. This past Tuesday I got my all time best. 22, 451 steps in one day which equals to 10.02 miles! Don’t even know how I did that on a school night.
2. MANATEA Infuser /// Just look at this!!! How could I resist?!?!?! Also it’s really easy to clean up which makes me even happier.
3. David’s Tea – Organic Cream of Earl Grey /// This tea is absolutely delicious. I can’t get enough of it. If you like Earl Grey, this a a must try.
4. Starbucks’s Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade /// Tried it this week and had it twice already. Enough said.
5. KT Tape /// I’m getting old. Things are starting to hurt and fall apart. I tried to run this week for the first time in months and turns out my shin splints still hurt and so does my knee. I figured I might as well try this. I was skeptical, but it works!!!! The problem I have is…everything hurts so my legs look like they’re covered in tape.
6. The Giant Run 10k /// My first 10k! I hate running, but I bought my friend’s bib off of her and now here I am. It’s 9 days before the race I think I can slowly jog 3 miles. At this rate, my goal is to finish the race in under 2 hours. I’m contemplating jogging 1 mile and walking 5. Come to mama Serigo Romo bobblehead!
7. Ted Baker London ‘Bow Crystal – Small’ Wallet /// Sometimes you buy something that is completely unnecessary and you agonize for a week if you should keep it or return it. This was that purchase. Hello, it’s covered in a french bulldog lining…couldn’t give it up.
Have a great weekend!